PDA

View Full Version : my rant on the front page

xsecx
03-27-2004, 09:29 PM
so yeah, since someone complained, I'm going to update it. I'm going to add how you're not straight edge if you have no idea how it feels to be in a pit, arm outstretched and fingerpointing singing along with a straight edge anthem. I honestly can't imagine having no clue how amazing that feels. To feel connected to the scene, the music the people. "to be a apart of something real". If you've never felt it, then you have no idea. It's like knowing the theory but not the practice. Straight edge is an active thing. It's not something you stop being and come back to. You are not straight edge if you have no connection. You are not straight edge if you've never been to a show. if you've never bought a record. If you hate hardcore.

and now for the other side.
I fully and completely support anyone that choses to live a drug free life. I personally think it's the best way a person can live. I think people should take pride in who they are and what they believe. I also think that people should call themselves terms that actually describe them. I think that people should come up with something new if they want a term to describe themselfs and drug free doesn't do it. I think it's a great oppurunity for someone to blaze a new path and create something real and lasting. You however will not do this by co-opting a term and making it meaningless. but I would also like to say that if you really really want to be straight edge. be straight edge. hardcore can always use new blood.

Dummy
03-27-2004, 09:57 PM
dusty, i started a new thing having to do with being drug free, would you join if it described you?

xsecx
03-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Dummy
dusty, i started a new thing having to do with being drug free, would you join if it described you?

does it sound just like straight edge minus hardcore, but still call itself straight edge and have kids pretend that it's this giant thing about revolt that it really isn't?

Dummy
03-27-2004, 10:10 PM
i haven't even made it yet. i was just wondering if you would ever attach yourself to another label like you have straightedge.
i think i need a catchy song though.

Dummy
03-27-2004, 10:11 PM
i just realized i forgot the "if" in my first comment.

xsecx
03-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Dummy
i haven't even made it yet. i was just wondering if you would ever attach yourself to another label like you have straightedge.
i think i need a catchy song though.

I attach myself to a lot of other labels. husband is tied for first with straight edge though. and then everything else comes after.

flame_still_burns
03-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
you're not straight edge if you have no idea how it feels to be in a pit, arm outstretched and fingerpointing singing along with a straight edge anthem. I honestly can't imagine having no clue how amazing that feels. To feel connected to the scene, the music the people. "to be a apart of something real".

i completely back this statement.

straightXed
03-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
i completely back this statement.

so do i, especially the finger pointing singing along part.

sabresnmets
03-29-2004, 06:58 PM
oh

xsecx
03-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by sabresnmets
oh

I'm saying dude. you know you want to go to a show. just get your brother in law to take you. You'll probably enjoy it.

sabresnmets
03-29-2004, 08:25 PM
yeah