PDA

View Full Version : insted

xsecx
03-27-2004, 11:46 AM
so apparently reunion shows on the east coast.

xgregx
03-27-2004, 11:56 AM
I went to the Prayer for Cleansing reunion show a couple weeks ago...Prayer for Cleansing, Undying, Earth Crisis Cover band, and some shitty punk band...

it was awesome, I know that doesn't have much to do with the topic...

xsecx
03-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
I went to the Prayer for Cleansing reunion show a couple weeks ago...Prayer for Cleansing, Undying, Earth Crisis Cover band, and some shitty punk band...

it was awesome, I know that doesn't have much to do with the topic...

or anything.

of course you could have created a new topic where it would have made sense.

xgregx
03-27-2004, 01:49 PM
ouch

flame_still_burns
03-27-2004, 02:16 PM
yeah.

i heard they are playing 3 east coast dates.

one at cbgb
one in boston
and possible one in philly area new jersey

i have mixed emotions.

i saw them on their 1991 tour. but somethings are better left to memory. the rash of reunions are a little troubling to me.

xsecx
03-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
yeah.

i heard they are playing 3 east coast dates.

one at cbgb
one in boston
and possible one in philly area new jersey

i have mixed emotions.

i saw them on their 1991 tour. but somethings are better left to memory. the rash of reunions are a little troubling to me.

I also agree. but it also means that kids still want to see and hear that kind of music.

flame_still_burns
03-27-2004, 02:32 PM
i agree that it is great that the music is still valid this long after the fact... but music is the vehicle for the message of straight edge and there are plenty of current bands that carry the torch. reunions make it hard for romanticism about the past to give way to excitement about current hardcore.

i don't wanna sound like a stick in the mud. i'm all for dancing and diving and having some fun... but i don't want these bands to come back and play for 5000 dollar guarantees(like YOT does) and pretend that they care about our scene just because our moneys green.

(i impressed myself, a PX and a GB reference in one paragraph)